Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meetings

There are days when I just love my research group! We have a meeting once a week, every week, and it can be torture sometimes. But there are rare weeks, when that hour or so is just refreshing. Today was one of those days.

The group was supportive, encouraging, and the meeting was just fun. In grad school I don't feel like I got a lot of good scientific discussion outside of the classroom and I think that's what I love most about where I am now.

Today was amazing. Last week was too now that I think about it. I'm not sure if this is because I'm finally starting (after a year) to feel comfortable with this group, or if I'm just finding my voice as a scientist, but I love it!

I love feeling like I can contribute to the group. That I can understand and follow conversations that a year ago were foreign. And I really love that I feel like I'm being heard.

Anyway, in a world where really good days and really good meetings are few and far between, it's amazing to have a day when things just feel right!

No comments:

Post a Comment