Friday, July 6, 2012

Writing

So I have this manuscript that I've been trying to work on for about a year now. I hate it. There are just a few more paragraphs to write and then with a little editing it will be done. But I can't seem to get myself to do it.

Part of the problem is that I think I'm just burnt out on the topic...been looking at it for too long. The other part is that this last section is on an area that doesn't come naturally to me. It takes me a very very long time to read through things and figure out what I want to say.

The other part of the problem is that it should have been done a year ago. A YEAR ago! And it's taken me so long now that it just seems so much harder to write.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem. I don't know how to make myself do it.

So I'm just forcing myself to do it. I hate it though. And I'm finding that I'll do ANYTHING before I work on the manuscript. That's why I'm writing this post. Because maybe if I write about how guilty I feel for not having finished this stupid thing already that maybe it will motivate me to finish it.

I'll let you know if it works.

This must happen to other people. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get past it?

No comments:

Post a Comment