Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Note to undergrads working in labs:

It is really not cool to come in in the morning wearing the clothes you so obviously wore 'out' last night.

I appreciate that you are going home to change during the waiting periods of your experiment, but....

Could you not just pack a change of clothes in your car/bag so that when you wake up, wherever it is that you wake up, that you would have clean clothes to put on before going to work?

Now you are an adult and can therefore do whatever you want, but...I hate that the other people in the lab are talking about you and the wardrobe changes between the morning and afternoons.

I hired you because you are amazing and this does not change my opinion of your abilities in the lab. In fact, I'm impressed that you are coming in before going home, that's awesome!

I just really hate how it makes you look. And I'm sad that it matters, but it does...

Just a thought...


No comments:

Post a Comment