Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello World,

So this is my first attempt at blogging after reading other people's blogs for years. My hope for this blog is similar to many others, to get me to write more. I'm not a big fan of writing (I would much rather read) so hopefully this will be an outlet for me to start really finding my voice both as a scientist and as a regular person. I'm not sure what the content will be yet, I think that will just have to develop organically but that can come later. For now, I think I just need to jump in.

I have two big issues with blogging that have kept me from doing this sooner. First, that someone will figure out who I am. I'm likely to say snarky things (I think them all the time but don't have a great outlet for them) so they may end up here. I'm afraid that after I say something snarky, if people know who I am, that this blog will have some negative long-term consequences for my career. Second, and really quite self-centered, that no one will read the blog, or that they will read it and think it's just crap. So please, if you read this, please let me know! I'm likely to chicken out and not keep up with this if I think people don't care. It's stupid and juvenile, but...

So please join me on this adventure through my post-doc time and hopefully into an TT job. If it's anything like my grad school experience it should be one hell of a ride.

2 comments:

  1. I remember "My So Called Life"...was a decent show. A shame they took it off the air so quickly...anyhow, welcome to the blogosphere!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome! I'm excited that someone has found my little blog!

      And that show was great!

      Delete